Build the Plugin from Sources
We were wondering if the framework of this very nice plug-in can be used for tool-chains unlike avr microcontrollers (for example 68k/68hc11 gcc). Can we download and analyse the resources? With the documentation of the avr-plugin and some support of his designer(s) maybe our students can fill up this wish (nice project!).
Wijnand Nijs, Lecturer Digital System Design
- Hi Nijs,
- creating a new wiki page is probably not the best way to get support, because I didn't see your page for some time (Email notification does not work on this wiki due to constraints by SourceForge, which hosts this wiki).
- Using one of the methods in the "Support" navigation link on the left side is probably better.
- However, to answer your questions:
- 1. When starting the project, I always had other toolchains in mind. However, due to time constraints on my side I have dropped this somewhat and instead focused on the AVR exclusively. This is partly because of the "Part Description Files" from Atmel - XML files describing each AVR processor in great detail - on which some (but not all) of the advanced plugin features depend. If you are just interested in integrating an 68k/68hc11 toolchain, then take a look at the plugin.xml file, which contains most of the toolchain integration.
- 2. The resources for the plugin are all in the SourceForge SVN repository for this project. Feel free to download, analyse and modify as much as you want.
- 3. Sure, if you have any questions just go ahead. I will try to answer them to the best of my abilities.
- --Innot 10:42, 9 November 2008 (UTC)